* Tarvaris Jackson definitely improved from last week. Refusing to run compulsively, staying poised, mostly accurate except for two low throws. Good game plan to help him.
* Said game plan being largely forced by terrible O-line play. Carpenter and Unger getting worked. Caveats: facing very good defense blitzing heavily, a couple of free defenders were unblocked intentionally to release tight ends.
* Golden Tate will hear from Carroll over having ended two drives.
* Three false starts in first quarter? The ground at the VMAC will get worn down in a hurry from all the laps.
* Doug Baldwin surprisingly quick. Might get more looks on offense should Jackson ever have time.
* Leon Washington money in a bigger role, has a crucial gear that Justin Forsett lacks.
* Leroy Hill is a welcome jolt to this defense in terms of tackling and recognition.
* Little to no interior pass rush.
* Kam Chancellor taking charge of this defense and backing it up with solid play.
* Brandon Browner with a huge missed tackle, but otherwise okay.
* Red Bryant and Raheem Brock with hustle plays, but not forcing the issue.